Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Much Love -- Happy Anniversary -- to THE ZOMBIE!

Much Love -- Happy Anniversary -- to THE ZOMBIE!

This picture was taken last Saturday at our niece's (the Ladybug) birthday party. :-)


For my love, my husband:



I love you more than you know because it is more than I know how to express. I love you for the kindnesses you do for me every day and for the way you don't let me get away with "too much" but just enough.

I love you for giving me my way most of the time, but not always. I love you for waiting for me to "get" what you are saying...especially when you are right and it takes me a while to "catch up".

I love you for waiting for me to "get to the point" -- most of the time. :-)

I love you because you are on my side most of the time and you are gentle when you're not on my side. You express your differing views, thoughts and opinions with kindness, love, and more love.

I love you because you are big (you know I like that because I'm big, too) and because you are strong -- but not "too strong", meaning not "ugly strong".

I love you for the unexpected things you say that make me laugh out loud and even squirt things from my nose. I love you for being silly with me. I love you for your quirky phrases and nicknames...and for letting me 'adopt' some of them. I love you for letting me 'steal' some of your jokes and use them.

I love you for you patience and for your impatience. I love you for your punctuality and for the punctuality I am acquiring through being married to you. :-)

I love you for helping me see what matters and what doesn't. And for loving me *with* the things that matter to me but not to you. And, for holding on to the things that matter to you but not to me.

I love you for your total, clean, amazing honesty. Honesty that I've never known -- ever -- in any other situation in my whole life. Your honesty can be harsh and also brilliant. Your honesty is plain and also elegant. Your honesty is subtle and also blatant. Your honesty is liberating. Your honesty give me confidence. As you know, I'd "rather know than not know".

I love you for loving me.

I love you just because I love you!


Four years ago today -- on September 24, 2004 -- I was a bride. I loved my husband so much on that day and I love him infintely more today. The above is a picture from our wedding which, I might add, we planned and executed in exactly 31 hours -- start to finish! Yeah, it's true I didn't have a bridal shower or a long engagement (until our 3rd anniversary, I didn't even have an engagement RING), but I also didn't have headaches, sleepless nights (except just that one), endless lists, revision after revision of a guest list, battles over the menu, or even one single 'issue' with my mothers -- the one that raised me or the one that raised my hubby. :-)

We didn't do it "the usual way" but since when have I (or has he for that matter) ever done anything that way? I wouldn't change ANY of it and I wouldn't trade the experience for a more traditional one. And, for anyone who's wondering...no, we didn't "rush" anything...we'd known each other 11 years by the time we took the plunge.

Here's the Zombie's favorite picture from our courtship.








Here's one of my favorite pictures of the Zombie -- it's his classic "face" that he makes.










Happy Anniversary, Babe! All my heart! I love you!

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

It seems like Justin is the only one who should respond to this one :), but I'm just going to say, lucky you! Marrying someone that you can love more and more over time has to be the greatest blessing someone can have! I'm happy for you!!

Anne N said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary and welcome to the blogging world/obsession! I'm not sure if you already have our blog address, but it's

http://seannicholsfamily.blogspot.com

and I just recently started a photography blog as well:

http://annelifethroughmylens.blogspot.com

Love you guys!!

UtahJenny said...

I love Justin, too, for loving you! Isn't it great to have that incredible love? So happy for you both - Happy Anniversary!